Links we Like
- “USS Fort Worth Commissioned In Galveston” - Click Here to watch a video of the commisioning ceremony.
- Take a virtual tour of the Houston Maritime Museum through CultureMap.
- Learn more about the Port of Houston at the Museum of Houston online exhibit.
- Keep up to date with maritime happenings around the state at the Maritime Texas blog.
- Go underwater at the Institute for Nautical Archaeology at Texas A&M.
University of Houston’s Engines of Our Ingenuity episodes
- See the Houston Maritime Museum page, and photographs, on the Engines of Our Ingenuity website. Click here.
- Read or listen to episode No. 421 about the SS United States.
- Read or listen to episode No. 1525 about a WW-II Liberty Ship.
- Read or listen to episode No. 381 about a Spanish submarine built in 1864.
- Read or listen to episode No. 1338 about an early transatlantic steamboat.
- Read or listen to episode No. 1267 about an early American-built frigate (1778).
Visit other great regional maritime museums
- Sam Houston Boat Tour (Houston)
- Battleship Texas (La Porte)
- Texas Seaport Museum and Tall Ship Elisa (Galveston)
- Seawolf Park (Galveston)
- Texas Maritime Museum (Rockport)
- USS Lexington (Corpus Christi)
- National Museum of the Pacific War (Fredericksburg)